Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow day fun!

Last week my kiddos had 3 snow days in a row. Day 1: I was excited... I had a craft planned, the groceries purchased, etc. Day 2: I was thinking I was running out of "tricks up my sleeve" but we stayed busy. Day 3: I was thinking "oh boy, think of something fun and do it quick!" We had literally stayed inside for 2 full days (day 1 was too wet to go sledding and day 2 was too frigid cold to sled) so by day 3 we really needed to get out. So without driving anywhere, I needed a plan. Thankfully, we live behind Target! It was still a VERY cold walk over but worth it! I challenged my kiddos to find the best "treasures" they could for $2.00. We had a lot of fun walking around, just taking our time since we had nowhere we had to be. My son, of course, had a plan to find a toy with his money. My daughter, on the other hand, wanted to be more creative. Here is what they came up with!  

Taylor with her "groovy" glasses!                  Austin with his matchbox cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment